Sunday, June 2, 2013

Walking with Him: Jennifer's Personal Application

     What does "Walking with Him" mean to me? 
  • It's a Decision: that is made everyday to wake up and thank Him for another day. 
  • It's Faith: Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 
  • It's Prayer: Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer in petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
  • It's  Repentance: 2 Corinthians 7:10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret. 
  • It's Praise: Psalms 119:175 Let me live that I may praise you. 
All of these are "Steps" that I choose to take each day to "Walk with Him" and be changed in His presence. My Faith is a relationship that grows everyday and through all of life's ups and downs is something that requires my constant attention. 
My Prayer life is an array of conversations throughout the day. In my prayer journal, in the car, around the meal table, giving thanks, in my head silently, and out loud shouting from the roof tops. It's a give and take of listening and receiving from Him through a song on the radio, a verse that jumps off the page in my bible, and that still small voice. 
Repentance isn't just a weekly heart examination at church, It's a daily account taken of my thoughts, actions, and choices. When I feel a distance and separation during prayer, I know something is hindering me from accessing the presence of God and requires me to go into a quiet room and humbly ask Him, "What is it"? "What's keeping me from feeling close to you"? Every time, He is faithful to show me.Every time, He is faithful to forgive me and welcome me into His presence with open arms. 
Saving the best for last, My walk is full of Praise! I love to worship and give thanks for His ever steady hand. For protecting, providing, changing, growing, and shaping me into exactly who He's called me to be for His purposes. 
~Jenn  

No comments:

Post a Comment