Monday, October 27, 2014

Doors open...Doors closes...

 God put a million million doors
 in the world,
For His love to walk through,
One of those doors is you.
 ~Jason Gray~


One thing God has really been teaching me lately is the importance of letting Him open doors for me. Yet, at the same time letting Him close certain doors that I have been blocking open so they won't shut.  Let me ask you this? Have you ever went to open a door and was pushing on it and it would not open?  Then you look at the door closer and realize it is meant to open by pulling on the handle.  Well, if you think about it that is a glimpse of what we do to God.  We are so busy trying to do things in our own strength we forget to let Him be in control.  We go through out our day struggling and barely maintaining, when if we would just listen life would be much easier.  Some of us have very independent spirits going through life putting ourselves in charge.  If you are doing this you are not alone, I am right there with you, because I know that my way is definitely better.  When in the truth of the matter I am way off base.  When I decided to let God guide my steps things started to happen in my life that I never dreamed would happen.  I finally stopped pushing on that door that was meant to be pulled open.  Let me share a secret with you: an ah-ah moment I had...God is meant to be there for you, He is meant to guide your steps, He is meant to protect you.  Let me add He is not a controlling God, he loves you that is why He gave you a free will.  A will to decide what you want to do with your life.  This is one of the things that I love about my God.  He loves me so much that wants to give me a choice.  Well I chose Him in a heart beat!!  I know from experience that He has my best interest in mind.  Let me give you an example: I recently walked through a door that was opened for me, a door that needed in the long run to be closed.  He knew that I needed to open this door and walk through, it to learn that He has something better for me.   Sometimes He allows us to go through things in His strength not ours.  By doing this we can know that He is with us the entire time.  Waiting for us to turn to Him with trust and a open heart.  Yet, there are times when He firmly closes a door, and we don't know why.  We may be standing there going what just happened??? In that moment instead of being angry with Him, we should be thanking Him for protecting us.  This is easier said than done, for we let our human side get in the way.  Trust me I have done that a time or two...maybe three or four...okay maybe more than I can count.  Just remember in any situation there will be a choice on whether or not to open or close a door.  My prayer for you is that you give it to God. 

   
Don't be stressed or let anything steal your peace from what God has for you...You are loved!...just trust in the door He is opening and closing for you. Just my 2cents~Missie

2 comments:

  1. I have felt kind of angry with God about my job because I only get paid minimum wage and have to work more than I want to most of the time. I work 25-28 hours a week most of the time. But there is definitely peace when I give my circumstances to God.

    He also provided for me recently with some of my medication since I don't have insurance right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you for your honesty!! I have been right where you at more than I want to count. You truly are inspiration to me. I am blessed you call me friend.

      Delete