Sunday, June 9, 2013

Believing God

In the hope of eternal life, which God who cannot lie, promised long ago. Titus 1:2 (Life Principles Bible)


     Many times in my life I needed one I can put all my hope in, one I could trust, a person I knew would follow through with what he said.  Character: a distinctive trait, quality, moral strength and reputation.  Character it's what you know about a person.  It's someone you know you can count on and will always be there for you.  There isn't a doubt in your mind how we can trust this one person.  How many people do we know who are like that? In my own personal experience of life we can change like the seasons we are in.  If the weather is warm, we are in a good mood.  If money is plentiful we are happy because we place our trust in things, money and people.  People change that is a certainty, we grow, we live daily lives, and adjust ourselves to the experiences at hand.

       How well can I say that I know the character of God?  Do I trust His word when it tells me that He is one that cannot lie? In Hebrews 6:18,  So that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us. 

     When I first came to the Lord I was going through a divorce and I lost custody of my son.  I was homeless and did not have any family to help me out.  I learned to trust the promises of God.  Many years after my divorce I have seen God come through for me over and over again.  Through out my life He provided love, protection, guidance, and many blessings.  Even today He continues to be steadfast and faithful  What amazes me is how true to His word He is, even though I fail him daily.  Do not love money; be satisfied with what you have.  For God has said, I will never fail you, I will never abandon you.  Hebrew 13:5 

     God has promised me things for my future.  Do I lose faith because the promises don't come when I think they should come true?  No! When I am ready and willing to listen to Him I am able to know His promises will come to life.I also know that God's word can be counted on, I can trust His testimony that has set His seal upon to this truth that His word is true.  Anyone who excepts His testimony can affirm that God is true. John 3:33   I may lose heart on getting what God said He would give me, but He is faithful, and He will come through for me...in His timing.

     In the meantime, I will enjoy the journey called life.  I will stand on this firm foundation of knowing that God is incapable of lying to me. This gives me such a rest , such a peace and I am thankful that He won't forget what He has promised me.

God is not a man, so he does not lie.  He is not human, so He does not change His mind.  Has He ever spoken and failed to act?  Has He ever promised and carried it through?  Numbers 3:33

~Sandra Dockery-laroque

   

No comments:

Post a Comment