Sunday, June 2, 2013

Walking with Him: Missie's Personal Application


For we walk by faith, not by sight.
 2 Corinthians 5:7

     I had someone ask me one time, "How do you make it through all of life's troubles? I have seen you go through so much and you just press forward with a confidence that I have never seen before.  What is your secret"?  I just looked at her a smiled and thought to myself if you only knew what goes on inside of me when I let my emotions get out of control.  I replied, "I have not always been this way.  In  my before Christ days I was a mess".  I then began to tell her my "secret"...The only way I make it day by day, minute by minute, and second by second is through my Savior Christ Jesus.  I walk by faith and not by sight, because I have a complete trust that God will pull me through anything that is thrown my way.  For you see God has a plan for me and he is never surprised by things that happen in my life.

   For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. 
 They are plans for good and not for disaster,
 to give you a future and a hope.
 Jeremiah 29:11  

With this promise I know that God can bring me through any battles that may come my way.  I need to put all of my trust in Him by doing this I am letting him be in control of my life.  I have gone through seasons where I ignored God and did things in my own strength. When this happened my life spun out of control and my world fell apart.  I personally don't like this feeling of helplessness, so now I turn everything to God.  I am   a very thankful and humble person these days.  I will admit I still tend to go around the same mountain a time or two. Now I recognize when I am doing this and at this point I give it back to God.  My personal prayer to Him is thank you Jesus for being there for me and helping me through things.  Remember God wants to be able to do this for you, so just let whatever it is go, and it will be okay. ~Missie 

No comments:

Post a Comment