Saturday, May 25, 2013

Idenity




 the state or fact of remaining the same one as under varying aspects or conditions the condition of being oneself or itself and not another He doubted his own identity condition or character as to who a person or what a thing is a case of mistaken identity the state or fact of being the same one as described the sense of self providing sameness and continuity in personality over time.

It is very easy to get lost in someone else's identity and let your life become their goals, ideas, wants and desires.  This is not what God has planned for us for we are each a new creation in Christ as an individual.  He created us equal but yet different at the same time.  He has a purpose and a plan for our lives.  One thing that must remain steadfast is that we keep our identity in Him and not in others.  This is a lesson he as taught me to lose myself in Him and not others.  During an amazing church service I felt the Lord's presence, I felt His love and His peace just wash over  me.  As I was leaving the sanctuary I felt that presence leave and all of a sudden I felt very alone. I saw all my church family talking, laughing and making lunch plans.  I walked through the crowd and I suddenly felt invisible, I felt like I was walking in slow motion.  Then the doubting words of the enemy began to creep in my head.  I heard things like, "No loves you", "If you left right now and never came back no one would notice".  I was so confused because I had just had an glorious time with the Lord, how could this be happening?  I gathered my boys up and walked  fast to my car  holding back the tears.  The words of doubt got stronger and louder, they were the only things I could hear.  I was trying to put on a happy face for my kids I didn't want them  to know that anything was wrong.  We made it home and through lunch without any incidents.  I told boys I was not feeling well and was going to lay down. When I got into my room I let everything out.  I started crying out to God asking why did he leave me.  A small still but yet firm voice said, "Find your identity in Me".  "I am the one who makes you complete, I am the one you need to turn to in your time of need".  It took me a moment to realize that He never left me, and that I had let the enemy come in and steal my joy.  I had gotten to a point in my Christian walk where I was finding my identity in others around me.  I was seeking approval from my friends and not seeking the One who made me for who I am.  The One who loves me completely and has my best interest in mind. Now days when the enemy wants to come in I don't fall into the trap, I just reach out to Jesus and ask Him to help me through.  For now I know those are the lies that Satan wants me to believe.  I also start to reach out to others when this is happening, by doing this it takes my focus away from me and onto others.  I am not perfect and I will probably continue to fight this battle, but now I have the tools on how to win it.  ~Blessings Missie~

 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me. Galatians 2:20     

No comments:

Post a Comment