Sunday, July 20, 2014

Love of a Child


Children are a heritage from the Lord,
    offspring a reward from him.
 Psalm 127:3 


The love a child to me is the one of the most amazing gifts God can give us.  As a parent I can not begin to fathom how and why my children love me.  For I am not perfect and I make mistakes on a daily basis.  Yet at the end of the day I can look at my children and know that they love me unconditionally. I can honestly say with every fiber of my being the feelings are mutual.  When children are born their whole lives are dependent on us.  My point is that the love and trust they have for us is given to us at such a young age.  As they grow older into toddler years that love and trust is still there.  Even when as an adult I didn't always make decisions with their best interest in mind.  Sometimes I would even put my needs first.  Not something that I am proud to admit, but something I have done in the past.  I look back now and I am amazed that they still call me mom.  I will let you in on a little secret...God is the reason why they still love me and are in my life.  Without Him stepping in and showing how much He loves me.  Without me letting go and letting God be the center of our lives my family would not be the family it is today.  We are not perfect, but we are there for each other willing to do what it takes. Now that my children are older I look at each one of them in their own individual light. I see them for what they are and how amazing they are.  Again I am humbled by the gift God has given me.  I just want you to realize that God is in control and if you don't have the relationship you want with your own child.  Don't loose hope, keep giving it to God. He is the almighty restorer and all thing are possible with Him.  I am not saying this is going to be an easy road to travel,but with God it can be done.  I have four kids, two girls and two boys.  There was a time when my oldest girl and I was barely speaking to each other, now we are the best of friends.  Now I am living with my second oldest girl and we are rediscovering a lost relationship that I did not realize how far apart we had become.  This new discovery is wonderful and I look forward to making it stronger and stronger.  Again, I give God the full credit for the restoration He is providing.  God is faithful just trust in His timing. He means all things that we go through for the good.  At the time of the trial we may not understand the reasons behind what is going on, but God does and He has got our back.       Just my 2cents, Missie


             

No comments:

Post a Comment