Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Georgia, My Amazing Friend!

Meet my amazing friend Georgia, read her story of overcoming fear, family restoration, and with God's help defeating personal demons.  I am so encouraged by her life's story...it brings me great hope to see what God has done in her life.  Take a read and you will walk away knowing that no matter what the enemy has planned for you.  God's plan is greater! 

My earliest memories are of fear. I remember fearing my father was going to kill my Mum. There was a lot of domestic abuse at home and that took a toll of it's own. I remember seeing silhouettes of demonic faces and many strange spiritual experiences growing up. My memories of my childhood and predominately based around fear. It's all quite blurry though and only pop up on occasion through different reasons. Satan had a hold of my life at a young age and controlled not only my family but me. I couldn't recognize it but as I look back it was blatantly him. I have some knowledge of witch craft being a big thing on my fathers side. my father is Papua New Guinean and my Mother is European. I grew up in a family with 6 siblings. Lust has always been a main factor in my life. I'm not proud to admit it but yeah it is what it is. As I got older anger became a big thing too. I was pretty much Satan's puppet. but on the inside I was deeply hurt, scared, sad and angry. I strived to do the best in everything I could and would get frustrated and down on myself when I couldn't achieve to a high standard. Feelings of inadequacy. I was about 8 when I moved from Papua New Guinea to New Zealand. Life was still stressful. My father was an alcoholic and my mum was HIGHLY strung. So yeah negative experiences. I was mentally and physically molested as I got older and dabbled in alcohol and drugs extensively. That REALLY messed with my perceptions and out view on life. It made me erratic and my mind was all over the place but it was my escape from reality. I tried everything and anything I could get a hold of and was very promiscuous. Pretty much a pleasure seeker. Wanted a form of happiness and nothing would suffice. When I came to Christ a couple of years ago it was the happiest and most free I had ever felt in my entire life!! I didn't have a personal connection with Christ but he's been preparing me. After I cam to Christ and went back to the world things were worse then I'd ever been. Everything just went to certain extremes and my mind was a mess. I got clinically diagnosed with psychosis which was a literal nightmare. My perception of reality was distorted and I lost any sense of reality and normality. Since then I've been trying to keep my head on my shoulders lol. I mixed with the wrong people and got even more hurt and damaged. But there is a good ending lol. I have a wake up call and realized the severity of the path I was heading down and pleaded with god to give me hope and my life back. I can't do it without him. I am feeling better then ever since I handed anything and everything over to God. He's my Father and I talk to him like I'd talk to myself hahah the peace is inexplicable and I'm so happy and joyful. I've stopped substances and am confronting my demons. I have a lot of baggage but I take up the cross each day and the purity that comes with being forgiven and new is awesome!! God is soooo good. He's restored my family. My Dad's saved and is a completely new man. My parents are back together. And I can fight the devil now! I've been blinded the majority of my life but Satan will reign over my life no more!!!! I thank God for his love, compassion and mercy. His peace is beautiful and I feel cleansed and pure. Such an amazing feeling! I'm not where I want to be but I'm far from where I was! Glory to my Father. God is good!
Ephesians 2:11-14
11 Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcised by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands— 12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
Thank you my friend for sharing. just know that your testimony will bring many people courage and hope. ~Missie

When I think of a flower that represents Georgia and the new life she has been given. The peach blossom reminds me of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment