Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Be Thankful!


As I left the store and got into my car, my phone rang.  It was work asking if I could fill in a shift.  My response was please make me your last resort, and if no one else can I will.  You see I was on the way to a friends house for lunch.  This friend needed fellowship and prayer...let's be honest I needed it as much as she did.  My phone rang again...I told them I could do it, but I was not very cheerful about it on the inside.  The type of shift I was doing was to help someone have some free time to run errands, get a haircut, and to have dinner with a friend.  Knowing this was part of my decision to say yes.  I texted my friend telling her what was going on, and in the next few minutes she humbled me.  She told me she understood we could make our plans for the next day.  Then she said go in peace sister, I love you.  With a humbled heart I headed to complete the job at hand.  Driving down the street I saw a sign that had two very powerful words on them. "Be Thankful".  Instantly I said a prayer of thanks to God, because I had a job and the ability to make someone else's life a lot easier.  In that moment I was thankful for all that He does for me.  When I took my focus off me and was able to look outward life became a lot easier.  My prayer to God is that  in these moments of self focus I can recognize what is going on and do a heart change.   I know it won't be easy, but that is where God's grace comes in.  That knowledge along helps me realize how much He loves me. Just know that what He extends to me  He extends to you as well, so if you have moments of self focus.  Don't sweat it God is there to help you through.  Just my 2cents

 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Ephesians 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment