Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Facing the inevidable...CHANGE

   

     Change comes whether it's welcomed or not, So a long time ago I learned that it becomes what you make it. This approach doesn't "fix" it, but it certainly seems to make it a little more tolerable.

One of my favorite songs goes like this:
It's a new season, it's a new day
Fresh anointing is flowing my way
A season of power and prosperity
It's a new season coming to me.

     The steadfast lyrics to this song have such promise for any situation. I hear the tenderness in it's words coming straight from the Lord. The one who happens to know the out come of every walk and season of life.  

     When I reflect on how quickly the time passes with my kiddos, and how much they grow and change each time I look at them, I'm forced to face the fact that no matter how hard I may try to get a grasp on the present moment and freeze it...it's already changing. Resisting it only holds them back. You see, my duty as their Mom (and biggest fan) is to ensure that each one of them reaches beyond the present. James 1:4 says it like this: Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

     Now, my personal application to change looks a little bit different. I am a woman of consistency. Schedules, routines, menu's, and order...It's how I survive the hustle and bustle of life happening constantly around me. So, unfortunately spontaneity isn't my strong suit. Though in my day to day it shows up unannounced on a regular basis and every time, I'm faced with my responses to it. A recent scenario was during a track workout with a dear friend. We had our kiddos running around the field(like they have several times before) while we walked around the track, and for some reason on this particular day, there was just no possible way
I was going to get far. One child was picking at the other, one was feeling overly sensitive (it sounded a lot like whining), and another was insisting she be carried around every lap. In that moment, I had a choice to make. I could pack my kids up and be filled with the disappointment of defeat, OR instead I took a deep breath and pressed in by administering to each of children's needs quickly and then continued towards breakthrough!

     "Forget yesterday, It has already forgotten you. Don't sweat tomorrow, You haven't even met. Instead, open your eyes and your heart to a truly precious gift, Today."-Steve Maraboli

     With so many things beyond my control, from spilled milk to the weather, In every circumstance I am reminded that He has placed me in that situation as an opportunity to be molded by His hand for growth and a deeper dependency on Him who has complete control. I can also be assured that He has fully equipped me for each and every task at hand and all I have to do is call on His name and He will walk me through it.

~Jennifer 

No comments:

Post a Comment