Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Heart of a Single Parent: Part II...A Moms Heart.

 
 
 
 
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
    offspring a reward from him. ~Psalm 127:3~
 
 
This verse rings so true to me in regards to my kids.  I have always considered them a precious gift from God.  Sadly I have not always showed them this...Here is our story on how God reminded a mom's heart the heritage He had given her.  There was a time in my life I was working hard to benefit my career, and my children suffered from it.  It took a huge wake up call from God to bring me down to my lowest of lows to see what I was doing to my children.  Even though this event change my life so drastically and on so many levels that I didn't even think I was going to make it.  During this time this is the  verse I clung:
 
So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
~Isaiah 41:10~
 
 
I must admit at the time I had no idea what was going on and at times I was even angry at God.  I was not serving Him with all my heart yet, and all I heard was that He was a loving God...to me that did not make any sense on any level.  How can  a God who claims love me enough to let His one and only Son die for let me suffer.  As I drew closer to Him, I began to realize He was what I need to get my life back in order.  I was realistic enough to know that my life would never be the same, and I was starting to be thankful in that knowledge.
 
 
Now I was a single mom and I was terrified on how I was going to survive, let alone raise my kids by myself.  God came through in a big way!  He provided for us in all the areas and we never suffered.  Yes, there was some hard touch and go times, but in these times we drew closer together as a family and rejoiced in what we had.
 
 
 I think the main challenges  I had was when my car broke down, something needed fixed at my home, or just even wanting someone to help make life decisions with.  I would then start to feel sorry for myself, tell myself that I was not worthy to be what God called me to be.  Thank goodness I had people in my life that would listen to me and help me see that these were lies that I did not have to listen to. With every challenge that was thrown at me brought a new determination to overcome and give it all to God.  I started to learn how to trust and lean His understanding and not mine.  The more I let go life became a little easier.  Let me clarify this last statement:  I still have trials, temptations and moments of why me, but the difference now is I can see it before the problem gets out of control...almost every time, let's be honest here.  I used to joke around and say "here I am going around the mountain again, look at that park bench I built last time was here, or look at these pretty flowers I planted..."   Now, I just smile and praise in the storm, and say okay God let's do this, 'cause God and I , we are  tight like that. I know He will come through for me even at my lowest and when I still have my doubts.  This is part of the glory of being loved by someone who loves you beyond any human understanding.
 
 
Today, the relationship I have with my kids is wonderfully amazing!  I strive daily to let them know how much I love and appreciate the heavenly gift they are to me.  I am so thankful of the smile that they put on my face and in my heart.  Each on is different in their own unique way.  They teach me and help me be a better person.  They challenge me in ways that help me treat people in a way that I would want to be treated.  All four of them have an amazing sense of humor that even now as I write this I am remember some of their antics and it is making me laugh.  To each and every one of you know that I love you to the moon and back, and then to infinity and beyond.  Thank you thank you for being who your are with all my love, simply a mom who is blessed beyond measure!!
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment