Friday, February 28, 2014

Hurricane!! of Emotions...What???




A wind with a speed greater than 74 miles (119 kilometers) per hour, according to the Beaufort scale...aka hurricane.

We did not find results for: what does the word emotions mean. Try the suggestions below or type a new query above.
Suggestions:
  • Try choosing another language.
  • Check your spelling.
  • Try more general words.
  • Try different words that mean the same thing.
  • Broaden your search by using fewer words.
  • Try asking a question on 

When I goggled what a hurricane was a ready answer came up.  When I goggled what emotions was the above response is what I got.  Soooooooo my questions is how can we control our emotions which whip through our body like a greater than gale force winds??  Makes you stop and think, at least it made me.  Then I narrowed it down... Emotion: A mental state that arises spontaneously rather than through conscious effort and is often accompanied by physiological changes. Now I can see  how close a hurricane can resemble emotions.  Emotions are tricky because they can come at you when you least expect it.  One minute life is great you are going through your day and BAM! you are a mess and crying your heart out, or at least that is what happened to me last week.  I had 3
 different people in my life through curve balls at me from out of nowhere.  I was left standing there crying out to God and asking what just happened?  You see this is not the norm for me, I am usually a pretty solid person and when rough things happen I give it to God and then I move on.  Was not happening this time, a whole week of crying and trying to give it to God and not being able to.  For some reason I wanted to be tight fisted with these emotions of mine that were tearing me apart inside.  I found myself not being able to make normal rational decisions or being able to focus on anything. You know that feeling when you feel pressed down and your are not able to get up, or the feeling of drowning.  I reached out and asked my closest friends for prayer.  You know who you are and I am thankful for you pressing in on my behalf.  Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16. 

Even though this journey was extremely hard for me, it was a good one.  God was doing a good work in me, He was teaching me to examine my motive's as a friend.  Was I being a true one or was this a friendship of convenience?  Was I doing all I could to make these relationships work for God's glory and not mine?  As I was finally able to sit in the quiet place of the Cross, I slowly began to open my hand and let go...let go of the hurt, anger and frustration I was feeling. In that moment of letting go a great weight lifted off my shoulders and I felt the peace I had not felt again.  In addition, I was able to humble myself and go to each person and say hey, I am sorry some where along the way I messed up.  Thankfully the relationships are restored and stronger than they were before.

My prayer that you take from my experience is that no matter what God is in control and He knows what He is doing.  Don't give up when things look so tough and you feel like you are going crazy.  You are not just trust on the Lord and what He is doing.  He will never walk you through a storm alone, He will be by you the entire time waiting patiently for you to let go and trust.  

Here is a song that help me go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttKnLwwHlig

No comments:

Post a Comment