Wednesday, October 30, 2013

It Never Fails


In our culture nowadays, we almost live with the expectation of being let down, hurt or failed. We expect people to not be able to live up to our standards because after so many times of them not, we just give up. We lose hope.
Will there ever be someone who doesn't let me down? Will I always have to deal with the ones I love hurting me the most? Who can I count on?
These are all questions and thoughts that have run through my mind.
The truth is, we have all been deeply hurt and wounded by someone, somehow. And after it happens, it’s hard to ever open up or be vulnerable again. Suddenly everyone becomes an opportunity to be hurt again. “Well I DO love them, but I've learned my lesson.”
We become so quick to put our walls up.
But recently, God has put a wrecking ball through my walls.
The beauty of God’s love is that is ALWAYS goes beyond anything I could imagine.
HE ALWAYS MEETS AND GOES ABOVE MY EXPECTATIONS. HE ALWAYS COMES THROUGH FOR ME. HE HAS NEVER LEFT ME HOPELESS OR LOST.
His love- NEVER FAILS ME.
                                                                                        

There are two things I have learned:
People will let me down. But that is NO excuse to not truly love them. Because I, myself, am bound to do the same. We are humans, prone to err. God’s love for me, and for the people around me, can heal and restore every wound.
Take a look at what Ephesians 3 has to say; (Ephesians 3:16-20) That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.
God will strengthen every weak spot and wounded area of our hearts. That we may be grounded in HIS love, (for us and for people) so that we may be FULL, whole and complete again by HIS love that goes beyond human understanding or comprehension. HIS LOVE WITH DO EXCEEDINGLY AND ABUNDANTLY MORE THAN WE ASK OR THINK.
His love empowers us to overcome our fears. "There is no fear in love, for perfect love casts out all fear." (1 John 4:18)
1 Corinthians 13
"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails.
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
God, wash and heal us by Your love, that we might love despite our brokenness. Help us love deeply and intentionally without hesitancy.
His love NEVER FAILS.

~Emily Scranton
guest blogger ~

No comments:

Post a Comment