Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Stand Tall



I want to live dangerous,

Risk it all for you, Lord

I need you to wake me up

From the life I've known before.

Whatever it takes, I want you to make

me more like you.

There's nothing I won't give up.

I want to live dangerous

I want to live dangerous

~Group 1 Crew~

In a sense this is the cry of person's heart whose desire is to be on fire for God. For we were called for a purpose, Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.  Matthew 16:18-19.  To be honest with you this looks good on paper, sounds good in prayer, and some people seem to have a natural ability to do this.  If you are like me I want to do this with every fiber of my heart...but I let the fears of this world silence my tongue.  The next thing that happens I am filled with condemnation for my lack of faith.  Another thought that creeps in is, she is way better than I am.  I am not called to bring in the Harvest, but to take care of it once it comes in.  Then the Lord reminded me that I could and should do both.  This revelation was both exciting and scary at the same time.  He had breathed a fresh power into my spirit and gave me a new courage to what He called me to be. 

With this fresh desire came something else the realization that I might have to stand alone.  Was I prepared for that?  Yes and no.  Yes,  because I wanted to please the Lord and do His will.  No, because that meant getting me out of my comfort zone.  I had to make decisions to not go with the crowd, not laugh at those awkward inappropriate jokes at work.  Everybody wants to be loved, liked and needed. The questions I had to ask myself  involved this,What is more important to be everybody's friend, or to stand alone. The answer sounded like a verse from a Toby Mac song, I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my soul.  With this answer in mind I called upon God to give me the strength and the courage to make a stand for Him.  To have His desire to go out into the everyday places of my life with a boldness to speak His truth.  To have Him give me His eyes and ears for the lost, while not becoming part of the lost.  
To stand up and take my place in helping others see what He has to offer, which is the offer of life and not death.  So, now when I go back to my work place, or to my school I am excited to show others God through me.  If they mock me , so what I don't have to claim that for my God is greater than the words that are meant to hurt or tease me.  It gives me a chance to love them and not hate. Sure the battle will be hard, but it is not lost.  For every action or word that points them to God is one more step closer to them getting to know Him.  I leave you with this, know that I am praying for you and your personal battles that the enemy tries to throw your way.  I will stand with you arm and arm and claim the victories God has for you.  For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

~Blessing, Missie

Here is a little something to bring your courage, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coHKdhAZ9hU&feature=kp

No comments:

Post a Comment