Friday, November 1, 2013

30 Days of Thanksgiving



 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.   1 Thessalonians 5 :16-18 

For the month of November we are going to be posting daily on what we are thankful for.  We have asked some of our readers to tell us what they are thankful for, so check us out daily and to see who is thankful for what.

Nov 1: I am thankful for the love of God, that even though we stray and go after our own foolish desires, He is still faithful to take us back if we are willing to surrender those same things and trust Him. ~ Tylor Desilet


 I give you thanks, O LORD, with my whole heart…I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.  Psalm 138:1-2      

Nov 2: I am thankful for a happy, healthy family and for a job that allows me to spend more quality time with them. ~Jenae Sexton

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34


Nov 3: I am thankful that God has chosen me to be a son of the Most High, has enabled me to love with His love, and I am secure in His hands. ~ Osa Mcdonald


Let all who seek Thee rejoice and be glad in Thee; And let those who love Thy salvation say continually, "Let God be magnified.Psalm 70:4 


Nov 4: I am thankful for my salvation! I am thankful that the Lord does not allow us to stay stagnant but continues pulling us up more and more. I am thankful for our leadership and the Body of Christ at Harvest Church! ~Niki Woehler Jessee


Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High. Psalm 50: 14

Nov: 5 I am thankful for God's provision, especially at this point in my life when all other sources of self-provision have proven insufficient!~Marie Taylor

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. 
My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.  Psalm 28:7


Nov 6: I am thankful that God knows my heart and hears my prayers,...that He stays close to me during times of trial and testing of my faith...that He alone gives me the strength I need for the journey and will see me through anything when I ask Him to lead me through the valley of questions...I am so thankful He remains Faithful and that I can trust Him to see me through...knowing He will guide me and I will be the better for it..I give Him all the Glory!.. ~Sandra Dockery-laroque

I will praise the Lord in all times. I will constantly speak His praises. Psalm 34 : 1 

Nov 7: I am thankful for my wonderful church, friends, and family. I am thankful for my awesome roommates and all the blessings and growth that has come from living with them. And I am thankful that I know the One and Only living God as my Savior. ~Janelle Thompson


    They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness. Psalm 14
Nov 8: I am thankful for my family, my roommates and my job. I am thankful for the future and the hope I have in God. And thankful for all the little kids in my life! ~ Jessica Day

 I look up to the mountains does my help from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! Psalm 121:1-2


Nov 9: I'm thankful for change. When we change with time and with God, like the fall leaves when they turn their vibrant colors, we grow and become the lights that He intended us to be. I'm thankful for each moment, for truth & honesty, for grace & humility, and for each new day. ~Annelise Driflot Rowe

Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.  For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods. Psalms 95:2-3

Nov 10: I am thankful that Jesus is my Husband, provider, and healer~Missie Rednour

For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,  because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer. 1 Timothy 4:4-5
  
Nov 11: We are thankful for the Veterans who have laid their lives in the fight for our freedom ~Walking with Him
















Nov 12: I am thankful  for my job ~Melanie Day


I will praise the name of God with song, and shall magnify Him with thanksgiving  Psalm 69:30

Nov 13: I am thankful for every day and every experience that has made me who I am. I have wonderful friends and family who have helped show me the way and supported the journey along the way. I am blessed to be apart of something beyond myself and so thankful for the Bible and all it's encouragement, promises, and guidance. ~Jennifer Hochstrasser

O Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, And a great King above all gods, In whose hand are the depths of the earth; The peaks of the mountains are His also. The sea is His, for it was He who made it; And His hands formed the dry land. Come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker. 
Psalm 95:1-6

 
Nov 14: I am thankful that Jesus is my Shepherd and He leads me ~ Said Mujagic



"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself." Matthew 6;33-34 

Nov 15: I'm thankful that God has my back and I don't have to figure it all out! Even when I am a hot mess and fell like I need to be in control of things...knowing that I can rest assured that He already knows what;s happening  ~ Deanna Bartlett 


Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever! Hebrews 13:8 


Nov 16: I'm thankful for God and his vision over my life, and my kids life, I'm thankful that no matter how badly I mess up, his vision is always the same. And even if I give up he never does, he gives me another day to try again!! ~Kaylyn Garcia


That my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.

Psalm 30:12

Nov 17: I am thankful for the opportunities that God has given us and the vehicle He has provided for us to able to help people. ~Anne Scott 

Now thanks be to God for His gifts beyond telling. 2 Corinthians 9:15 

Nov 18: I am thankful for God's love! For giving me victory! For never giving up on me! ~Wendy White

O give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known His doings among the peoples! 1 Chronicles 16:8

Nov 19:  I am thankful for many things, I am also thankful for the daily scriptures a sister in Christ sends me. ~Kristopher Zimmerman

And in that day you will say, Give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name by means of  His name; declare and make known His deeds among the peoples of the earth, proclaim that His name is exalted! Isaiah 12:4

Nov 20: Family, what can we say about family, I love my family.  I am grateful to have a family, my siblings and my nieces and nephews and my grandchildren, last but not least my immediate family.  They are all perfect gifts  from God.  To my life, Family a place we should all feel loved, respected, safe, important, valued, appreciated.  To my family all of you please forgive me for any action or word that ever left you feeling any less than this.  Thank you for loving me, spending time with me and allowing me to love you,as long as I am alive I want to be a safe place for you, I will pray for you and listen, Love Wife, Mom, Sister, Auntie, and Noni signed Deb

 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him, bless his name!
Psalm 100:4

Nov 21:  I am thankful to God that He knows I am not perfect,  forgives and loves me anyway~ Dena Metzger

 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing; Thou hast loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness; That [my] soul may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to Thee forever. Psalm 30:11-12

Nov 22:  I am thankful for my brother and sisters in the body of Christ, and the sweet fellowship we have when we get together!  ~Joann Laframboise

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variables, neither shadow of turning.

Nov 23: I am thankful as faith moves mountains...love removes walls.  Relationships are a blessing from God and a powerful tool in His hand. ~Melissa Coto

We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brethren, as is only fitting, because your faith is greatly enlarged, and the love of each one of you toward one another grows ever greater
 2 Thessalonians 1:3

Nov 24: November 23: I'm so thankful for kids and a husband who love and serve the Lord and live for His purposes! ~Gina Scranton

Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Psalm 100:2


Nov 25: To me Thanksgiving is the time to give thanks to God for everything that He does for us everyday. For the breathes we take, for the food we eat, and for the life we live, and for the wonderful friends and families we have.  ~Alan Shipley

Matthew 6:25-26
"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?



Nov 26: I am thankful for church family, supportive husband and God's provision in the coming year! ~Kandle Hollingshead

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High. Psalm 7:17

Nov 27: I am thankful for my husbands's wisdom, insight, his drive and desire to the be best he can be, his positive yet analytic outlook on everything. His dedication and love for his children and others.  His patience, and how he is always there for others.~Dayna Young 

 I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.  Psalm 69-30

Nov 28:  I am thankful for the word the living word, and the ability that the Holy Spirit gives women who obey and love the living word ~Cindy Lachance

Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.  Psalm 95:2

Nov 30:  Jennifer and I are thankful for all the people God has placed in our lives.  Everyone of you enriches us more than you know, such sweet blessings you are to us












No comments:

Post a Comment