Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My Heart...My Love!

     

  
   This a conversation Jennifer and I overheard the other day...A friend of ours answered his phone with these four precious words..."My Heart My Love".   These four word stopped me in my tracks, I looked at Jennifer and she looked at me.  We were both in that moment of time rendered speechless.  As we tried not stand there staring at him with our mouths wide open, he noticed we were smiling at him.  He told his love that we were making fun of him.  No, were just really in awe in the fact that he loves his girlfriend so much that he was able to express it in the manner that he did.   When he got off the phone and looked at us like, what?  It then became clear to me this was the norm for him, and he was surprised by our reaction. 
   

     Later  as I reflected back on this conversation, I was talking to the Lord about it.  For a woman to hear such words of endearment can really play on some emotional heart strings.  Then Lord being ever faithful whispered in a still small voice," You long for a love like this, but I long for you to love me like this". For the second time that day I was stopped in my tracks, but this time I was humbled by the meaning of what He had said to me. It gave me pause to think and to ask myself, am I giving all my love to the Lord"?  Am I setting my eyes upon Him and trusting Him with every thing that I am? These were some very good questions I had not asked myself in a long time.  I then asked the Lord to show me anything that was keeping me from loving Him in all that I am. 

I love all who love me.
    Those who search will surely find me.
Proverbs 8:17

     This is a reminder of God's promise to us and that He will love us  for all eternity.  He asks us to seek Him in all things and trust in Him in all things.  He is a kind a loving God who only wants the best for us.  Just remember when you are feeling lonely, left out or not even wanted.  You are, you are wanted and love by the One who created everything for you, by the One who sent His only Son so that you may have life.  

The sky could fall

the ground could shake

The stars burn out

And seasons change

Time will pass

and beauty fades

But all my love

will remain
                                   ~Royal Tailor

 Take a moment and ponder the meaning of that.  I believe when you stop to really think on it and ask God to reveal His love for you. You will feel it!  

   ~Missie 




No comments:

Post a Comment