Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Big Question

Blessed is she who believed for there will be a fulfillment of those things told her from the Lord. 
Luke 1:45

     Have you ever asked a question and expected a very different answer than the one you received?

     As a new believer, I was walking through a lonely time of my life that left me feeling like a failure, unloved, and unworthy of the righteousness, peace, and joy I'd heard of and my heart desired. I had come to learn these feelings to be all lies from the enemy in the form of doubt. So I asked God, "do you love me"? The response I heard still  remains as the only time I've heard the audible voice of God. He said, "will you walk with me"? I was completely taken aback and my original reaction was...REALLY?!! You answered my question with a question??
     You see, I already knew of His love for me. I knew He formed me in my mothers womb (Jeremiah 1:5) Numbered every hair on my head (Matthew 10:30) Called me according to His purpose (Romans 8:28) and kept no record of my wrongs (1 Corinthians 13:5). What I so desperately needed was a relationship with Him. To walk with Him as Adam and Eve had in the Garden of Eden. Each day as they walked and talked with God His presence surpassed the rest of their day and brought peace and joy. As well as time to drink in all that comes from that time set aside for Him. Strength renewed, burdens relieved, and love fulfilled.
     Over the years since this realization, I'm happy to share my relationship has matured, grown roots in a local church and formed many friendships that provide the accountability required to not return to that lonely time but to continue to believe in all He's told me and walk each day with Him.

~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment