Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Simple Things...


For the past 5 years I had been fighting heart pain.  Why did I not go to the doctor to get it checked out? out? One simple word...Pride... Yup pride kept me from going in to the doctor to see what was wrong with my heart.  I did not want to admit that something was wrong with me.  I changed my eating habits and started walking, which turned into 2 days of weekly exercise.  The pain eased up but never went away.  Now 5 years later just before I am to move to Twin Falls to start a new chapter of my life.  I was house sitting doing nothing but relaxing.   My heart really started to hurt then I got scared that I was having the symptoms of a heart attack.  I called my daughter, Jessica and she went to the emergency room with me.  The good news was I was not having a heart attack, but they could not find a reason for the heart pain.  I was referred to a cardiologist for additional testing.  I had been taking 3-4 ibuprofen pills about every 3 hours and drinking a lot of caffeine which was not making anything better.  After going to the emergency room I quite taking the medicine and eased up on the coffee.  I had basically over medicated myself in order to fight the pain.  I was scared to take the medicine and find myself right back where I started.  I did not give up my daily Americano's, then I noticed after I drank them my heart started to hurt. I called my doctor and she had me come in for an after emergency room follow up.  As I was telling her what my symptoms where she looked at me smiled and then asked me what I thought was wrong.  In that moment I knew what was wrong...I was stressed beyond belief and my body was trying to tell me about it.  She agreed then told me to quite drinking caffeine.  What??? no caffeine for 3-4 months?? Is she kidding?? Does she not know how much I love my coffee?? Then I remembered why I was here and I agreed with the treatment plan she was giving me.  I am now here in Twin, taking medicine for stress and anxiety, and drinking decaf.  My heart pain only flairs up every now and then. I just take a moment take a deep breath and try to relax.  I now only take the ibuprofen for pain if I need to.  The stress and anxiety medicine has definitely taken the edge off of things.  I am only to be taking this medicine for about 4 months maybe less if thing improve the way they should. Now days I take things as they come, and I take time for the simple things.  As I sit here drinking my cup of decaf sharing part of my life with you in hopes that I bring you encouragement.  My prayer is that things that I write about give you courage to get through the ups and down life gives you.  My prayer is that you have a relationship with the One who created you. Just know He loves you beyond your wildest imagination.  If you ever need a prayer partner let me know.  My advice to you is listen to what the Lord is saying to you, take time for the simple things and finally enjoy life that God gave you.  Just my 2cents, Missie  


   

No comments:

Post a Comment