Monday, March 11, 2013

The Longest Journey...

       


                The Longest Journey begins with a small step taken
            
           by a brave person. ~unknown






     Jennifer and I have started on a journey with a goal in mind.  We have committed to start walking 3-4 times a week..  We have both come to a point in our lives and realized we need to be healthier.  To help us with our accountability we will be blogging along the way, so be prepared to laugh and cry with us.  Today was our first day of being brave and taking the small steps needed to better our lives.  We made it 1 1/2 miles which to us was like walking four miles.  Some of our comments to each other afterwards was, "I feel like jell-o all over", or "I got up to walk and hobbled instead".  The goal we have set  is to walk up Table rock   To me personally it is huge I tried it last summer and only made it half way up the mountain.I got really sick and almost passed out.  After taking a break I started down the mountain and I bumped into Jennifer and her kids.  I would probably say that was the starting point of a good friendship we are both very thankful for.

~Missie
                                                                                           

The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him! Exodus 15:1 



Our Mountain!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment