Sunday, February 24, 2013

Coffffeeeeee!

       But those who hope in the Lord

    will renew their strength
.
They will soar on wings like eagles;

    they will run and not grow weary,

    they will walk and not be faint.
                                              Isaiah 40:10 




     There was a time when I didn't put all my hope and trust into the Lord. In fact      I did knew him, but I did not know of him. I was living my life for myself and when a crisis came I would fall apart, because I did not have God in my life to help carry me through the tough times.  I was working non stop to succeed in a career that would benefit my family.What I found out by not being there for my kids I was losing them.  I was not being the mom God called me to be.  They say that in a blink of an eye a person can lose everything.  That is what happened to me.  One day I was on top of the world and then by the evening of that day I had lost everything except my kids.  I still had my job, but I quickly found out that my kids were more important.  It was the beginning of a journey for me that I had no idea how it was going to end.  Then God stepped in and made a way for me to get to know him better.    A close friend introduced me to something wonderful.  This wonderful thing had a name, Jesus.  Jesus gave my life back to me, but in a way I had never lived it before.  A life filled with a sense of purpose, a life filled with a desire to be the best mom I could be, and a life filled with hope.  I can remember one morning I got up to spend time in his word and in prayer.  I went into the kitchen to make some coffee. As I reached my hand towards the cupboard to get the coffee down. A still small voice spoke to me, "I will be your coffee".  I paused and reached my hand towards the coffee again, then the voice repeated itself, "I will be your coffee".  When I realized what was happening I turned around and went into the living room picked up my bible and sat down.  I can honestly say the time I spent with the Lord that day is probably one of the best. I didn't make coffee on that day nor did I stop and get some on the way to work.  Jesus had filled me with such love and peace I didn't need my daily coffee.  I had an energetic faith filled day and I was thankful that Jesus loved me enough to show me his strength that he had for me.  I still have my struggles to get up for prayer and devotions, but I know with God's strength it can happen.  God is waiting to do the same for you all you need to do is ask.

                                                                   ``~Missie 

“Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.  Matthew 7:7


No comments:

Post a Comment