Friday, March 8, 2013

Time spent with God


Sow with a view to righteous 
reap in accordance with 
kindness
Break up your fallow 
ground for it is time
to seek 
the Lord until
He
 comes to rain
righteousness on
 You.
                                                                  Hosea 10:12

     God has graciously given each one of us 24 hours a day, to do with what we believe is important. We schedule, prioritize, and give it away to the people and things we value the most. Over the years, I have realized how important it is to spend time with God daily. Giving Him my undivided attention, as I would a friend. Reading even a small portion of His word, seeking His will for my life, His direction, and His voice. I have learned through out my walk with Him, that time spent getting to know Him is priceless, and yields the most return. In reading His word; I began with the book of John, which introduces the life and ministry of Jesus. Then continued through Matthew and Mark, and finished with Luke, the first four books of the New Testament.  I have learned who Christ is in these books, and who I am in Him. When I take the time to read, I walk away refreshed, renewed, and hopeful. With old things passed away.  I stand on a firm foundation with an outlook more positive on this journey called life. So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord.  His going forth is as certain as the dawn; and He will come to us like the rain.  Like the spring rain watering the earth.  Hosea 6:3

~Sandy


Thank-you Mom for sharing your heart and wisdom on the importance of time spent with God.
                                                                                                                  ~Jennifer





No comments:

Post a Comment