Wednesday, February 13, 2013

     It was her 18th birthday and she was homeless, an alcoholic, and just came from a visit with the son she would soon lose custody of,  when something started stirring inside her.   Jeremiah 31:3 I have loved you with an everlasting love I have drawn you with loving kindness. As she hitch-hiked to the next town where she had been sleeping under bridges and already attempted ending it all twice before.  John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy, I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.  She was there again, she'd had enough, and was desperate for relief, Psalms 62:5 Find rest o my soul in God alone my hope comes from Him. She cried out to an unknown God, Psalm 61:1 Hear my cry O God, listen to my prayer. "If you're really real, and I can know you, and you can get me off these streets...Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
...send a man who knows you personally! The next car was a blue 280 Z with a man inside who had a light about him, Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation. He introduced her to Jesus,
 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation the old is gone, the new has come. and his parents where she stayed for the next six months where she began her road to hope and healing. 1 Corinthians 15:19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ. 

     This story is about my mom all those years ago- since giving her life to Him has continued to persevere through life and all it's ups and downs all the while WALKING WITH HIM.


LOVE: John 3:16 For God so loved the world He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 

SIN: Romans 3:23a For all have sinned.

ONLY WAY: John 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

CONFESS: 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

INVITE: Revelation 3:20 Behold I stand at the door and knock, If anyone hears My voice, and opens the door, I will come into him and dine with him, and he with Me. 

~Jennifer 

No comments:

Post a Comment