Friday, May 27, 2016

Inner Lion!! I found You!!


What I am about to share with you was a situation I was in that was hard for me.  At first glance it may seem like a bit of overacting on my part.  Yet as you read this see the importance of finding your personal lion...

I needed a school book for my next class.  I was not able to get my book, because the school needed a financial aid document that I was supposed to have provided a while back. When asked if I had the required document my response was no.  Then her response was I can’t give you the book until you have the document.  Right then and there everything was fine…Then the situation turned south.  You see there was another person in the room with us.  She proceeded to sarcastically express to me that I might as well blow school off because I dropped the ball in not getting all the needed information in.  To be honest it was probably not how she meant it, but that is how I took it.  Did you know life would be better sometimes if we did not let our emotions rule us?  In this moment that is exactly what was happening with me.  I was feeling guilty because I knew I had not done my part.  I was a little stressed because I needed the book for my class.  To top it off I was sensitive to the fact I thought she was being mean to mean.  My feelers were hurt.  I walked out of the room feeling ashamed.  Then something amazing started to happen inside of me.  As I walked closer to my classroom I felt a bold determination in my step.  I sat down at the computer with phone in hand and started the process of getting the required documents.  It was so easy to obtain I chastised myself for not doing it sooner.  At the same time a whisper turning into to a roaring told me that I needed to go back to the ladies and tell them how I felt.  I stood up on shaky legs and headed back to the office.  I knocked then entered the room, and in a quiet but firm voice I explained to them how I felt when I had left the room.  I acknowledged my wrongdoings and told them how hard it was for me to come forward and talk to them.  They both looked at me and smiled saying that they were sorry for what was said.  The one who had said it had a little bit of fire in her eyes, but she understood where I was coming from and said sorry. I feel this was a big step for me.  I normally would not have said something and moved on, but sometimes God prompts us to stand up for ourselves.  He awakens the inner lion in us to help us.  The key to remember is to stand up for you or for someone else with grace and dignity.  Do it in such a manner that brings respect and honor to all parties involved.  Just my 2cents~Missie  




No comments:

Post a Comment