Monday, November 3, 2014

Rejection into Acceptance


Let's face it we all have been rejected a time or two.  In that moment of feeling rejection fall upon you,  it is quite painful, and can hit you into the depth of your soul.  This feeling of not being wanted can leave us standing asking ourselves what just happened?  How did I move from being loved, wanted, and some ones friend to...nothing of importance?? This may sound like I am over dramatizing it, but am I? Take a moment an ponder the time when you felt unloved, unwanted.  Now, hear my heart I am not trying to drudge up some old memory that you tried to bury a long time ago.  A memory where you built walls around and will not let anyone or anything get past. Don't worry you can keep if safe if you want to...but why not take a moment and try to move past it. Try to heal from the hurt and help with future hurts.  



The first step in the healing process is to realize that you are amazing!! You are worth something and if someone does not accept your worth it is their loss not yours. This may sound a little prideful, but in order for you to move on you need to know your importance.  Stop spending the time trying to list all your faults to yourself this only brings you down.  Here is a little disclaimer: yes, should want to fix the problem and try to move on.  We are always called to make it right with our brother and sisters.   What I am saying is let's focus on you! You are what is important.  How you feel about yourself and how you see yourself is important.  Did you know that the One who created you loves you beyond life itself?  In addition, you were created to live your life to the fullest. Any type of thoughts that are full of shame and doubt are not meant for you.  Anything that tries to bring you down is also not meant for you.  You are meant for greatness, you are chosen among many.  Angels sing over your daily.  Every time you have a moment of triumph the Heavens open in your honor.  Every time you have a moment of helplessness the Heavens pray for you.  It is says in God's word if He is for us than no one can be against us. (Roman 8:31)  Do you see the power in those few words?  If the God who created everything into existence is for you, then nothing can come against that.  Just take a moment and let that set in, take a moment to feel the love behind His words. My prayer for you is that you realize how truly important you are.  How wonderfully made you are and how blessed the people around you are.  You bring such joy to many people without you even knowing it.  Did you know one small smile or wave to a child might be the only  love they will ever feel?  One kind word to an overworked store clerk makes his/her day in an instant your words were spoken.  One I am sorry my bad to someone who wronged you can change a cold heart into a warm one.  I challenge you to look in the mirror and say one kind word to yourself, even if at first you don't believe it.  Keep doing this and you will start to change and feel the confidence God has placed in you.  You are yet to realize it.  Here is a neat little trick I do to pick myself up off the floor when I having a good old fashion pity party.  I make myself say a kind word to someone, offer some form of encouragement to someone who looks like they need it.  Then when I see their face light up with hope and gratitude it takes my focus off of me and onto others.  It is not always easy to do,but it in the long run it is worth it.  Just remember that your are worth more than you know.  Just my 2cents ~Missie   


No comments:

Post a Comment