Friday, April 18, 2014

Loss of a friend...



I  recently  lost a co-worker who I considered a friend...Greg was an amazing, smart, funny guy...not many people understood him, they did not understand his sense of humor.  Those of us who did will miss the laughter he would bring into the room with his off the wall comments.  These comments would come out of left field and yet at the same time were fitting.  I worked the swing shift with him and he would take the time and with much patience help me with my Math.  In his last days he was sickly, but never let us know how much pain he was in.  He was always kind and respectful to others.  He led a very private life but if you were his friend it seemed you would be his friend till the end.  His death was sudden and in his passing made me realize how much I did not know him.  This got me to thinking, I need to make an honest effort in being there for the people who God places in my life.  I am asking God to help me renew my efforts in being a friend or family member He has called me to be.  The legacy Greg left behind was one of laughter, friendship, and a willingness to believe the best in others.  Greg...I miss you and I am so thankful for the brief moment in time God placed you in my life.  Thank you for being who you were, I can learn a lot from you.  I pray now that you are sitting with Jesus and enjoying a pain free life.  Your friend Missie...

No comments:

Post a Comment