Saturday, April 26, 2014

What God sees...in us...

 
Show me what it's like                                            
To be the last one standing
And teach me wrong from right
And I'll show you what I can be ~Nickelback~ 

I heard these words the other day, and they got me to thinking.  There are a lot of us in the world walking around beat up and broken down.  Just for once we want to be the "last one standing".  For so long we go day by day just barely hanging on to the cliff of life with all are might.  It is a struggle to climb back up and brush off the dust of despair. Yet if we look down into the abyss below us that doesn't look encouraging either.  We value our life enough to keep it and in the small part of our soul we knows that there is hope.    We cry out to someone/something begging for us to be taught wrong from right.  We know if only given the chance we could show people who we really truly are.  We could show people what we are made of and all the possibilities that we have.  The good news is that small hopeful part of our soul is right...there is someone not something, but someone who sees us for who and what we really are.  Ephesians 2:10 tells us...For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.  If we only realized that He looks over us with love.  He sees the potential that we have.  He is just waiting for us to turn to Him for He longs to show us His great love.  With Him there is no doubt or condemnation. There is only peace and comfort.  He truly desires to have us see ourselves as He see us...beautifully wonderfully made in His image!!  Think about that we are made in His images, not our own.  Meaning what we think of ourselves does not compare to what He thinks of us.  Next time when we are down and just not loving life. When we are just dragging ourselves over the coals for every single mistake made.  we need to realize this, we are God's masterpiece. 

 You build me up like a city of gold
The battles rage but I’m standing tall
You formed my heart like an empire
The wind and rain can’t stop this fire
If only I could see it from your perspective
The beauty and the grace of your architecture   ~Jonathan Thulin~
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RsozmX0B-I



When I look at this picture, I see all the wonderful colors in it.  To me it is a glimpse of how God sees us in color and not black in white.  Just as He created the colors of His promise in a rainbow, these colors show us His love.  Just my 2cents, Missie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment