Sunday, April 13, 2014

Real Like Cheese??



I have often wondered when I read a product that the labels states, "made with real cheese".  I then think to myself why would anything be made with "fake" cheese.  Where am I going with this you? I am cheese is cheese right?   What does cheese have to do with life? So, I  decided to put this in real life relational perspective.  How real our we as Christians being?  Are we real like cheese, or does our label just say made with real cheese and we are not?

A lot of times we as Christians hide the realness of us...Meaning if we let people see the hurt, the anger, the disappoint that we feel we are not being Christ like.  We even have the belief system (not all of us, this is just a generalization.) that if we show what is really going on with us, we won't  win the lost for Christ.  We take this burden upon ourselves and try to present a cookie cutter life.  When in all reality we need to be real, open, and honest with everyone around us whether they know Jesus or not.  If you think about it that is exactly how He was, He never hid anything.   

I was talking to a co-worker a little about what this week's blog  post was going to be on.   The one thing she stated was, "what has turned me away from religion was the fakeness involved.  The people who where not willing to be real.  How could I have someone  help me get to know Christ better, if they themselves displayed a life that was perfect in all areas? I walked away with the feeling that I was unworthy of their God".  Her comments really got me thinking...then conviction set in...it is okay to be real and share our ups and downs.  I know that when we share our testimony to others we give the: I was broken and then God healed me talk, but then we stop sharing the trials we go through?  People need to see that we go through the same trials and temptations that they do.  That we like them are unworthy of the Cross.  It is okay to be frank and bold when we talk to people about what we are going through.  On some level it is healing for us to get it out and not keep it bottled up inside.  My challenge to you is to ask God to guide your conversations with the people who He places in your path.  He will let you know when to be bold, and when to be soft.  One more thing, in the area of prayer...just ask for it!  If you need someone to pray for you then ask. What you are asking for in prayer someone else might be needing prayer for the same thing.  Just my 2cents, Missie

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW-4JSo93Bs

No comments:

Post a Comment