Monday, August 26, 2013

The Making of Walking with Him


And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28


     When God puts something on my heart I usually act upon it.  Last January the vision He gave me was to start writing a blog with the sole purpose of reaching out to others. To write of things that was to come from my personal testimony and the testimonies of others. To bring a word of encouragement, a word of reflection, and a word to the person reading the post was that they are not alone.  As the vision became clearer so did the excitement to make it happen.  Of course there was the thoughts of doubt, confusion and fear, but the God I serve is a great God.  For He does not give us a plan unless He fully intends to help us with it.  I also knew that I was not called to walk this journey alone, so I asked Jennifer if she would join me. She was very excited to embark on this journey, as we sat down to make it a reality, and came up with the name, "Walking with Him".  
  For  Jennifer and I, this has been an amazing year of growth for both of us. As we got to know each other better, our families became blended so much so that our kids have become like brothers and sisters.  We became each others support system, cheerleaders, and certainly each others accountability.  Our hearts beat for God and all that he has for us.We strive for all things that we do or write to bring Glory to Him. ~Missie 


     When I was asked to apart of this blog, I was excited and honored to be apart of something bigger than myself. It's part of the word that the Lord spoke over me that I am to be apart of the emergency, Holy Spirit team, bringing in the broken and hard to reach. I felt peace that this was a step in that direction. Its also been spoken that I will speak my testimony to women and again this confirmed that word from the Lord. Though it didn't come without hesitation and recognizing the commitment it would take and respect for the counsel given in the things I would write as the word says in James 3:1 Not many of you should be teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. So because of the seriousness of warning in this verse, every post is carefully read and checked to be in alignment with the word of God. It has been a growing an stretching season as we have shared our personal experiences and life stories with you, and I am looking forward to this next season. ~Jennifer 

      Jennifer and I are taking the week off to get things ready for the next season of Walking with Him blog.  We have some very exciting things planned for the next couple of months.  First up is a Back-to-School series.  Then some personal messages that God has been putting on both of hearts.  We have some amazing guest bloggers lined up.  In addition, we our doing the Hot Chocolate run in December. Ending the year with a reflection of this past year, then going into the New Year with fresh goals and visions!  We are very thankful for our readers, friends, and family who has given us great encouragement to make this blog the successful blog that it is.  Blessings to you and yours, see you next week as we kick off our Back-to-School series.    

No comments:

Post a Comment