Sunday, May 4, 2014

Billboard of Life

I was driving down the freeway one day, and I started reading the different billboard signs.  Well, this got me to thinking...if someone would ask me what my billboard of life would look like it.  Of course my obvious response would be that I am a woman running hard after God.  That I could say I love God with all my heart, soul, and mind.  That I would even die for Him or that I would give up anything for Him.  Then the thought that came to mind is am I really doing this?  Am I going through the motions on the outside, and giving the impression that God is my world and everything in it?  I have been saved since I was 7 years old, but I was not always walking the life of faith.  In 2007 at a Christian concert I rededicated my life to Christ.  I have since then really tried to do everything that God called me to  be.  I will be the first to admit my walk has not been a perfect one.  I have made decisions that have not always been the wisest.  Or worse yet done the exact opposite of what God was telling me to do.  As I kept driving down the road I decided to dig a little deeper into my thought process.  I began to ask myself some questions: When I say that I am a Christian what are my motives?  Am I saying this to be part of the "IN" club?  To make me look better than some else because I have faith to move a mountain?  To use this as an excuse not to do something that I know is wrong?  Well...here was my response: Yes!! I want to be part of the "IN" club!! I want to someday see the one who created me.  Yes!! I do have faith to move a mountain. (I might not always claim it, but it is there.) No! I don't use my faith as an excuse to do something that goes against my beliefs. What I discovered in the questioning of myself is that I do love the Lord with all that I am, but I want my billboard to say: Jesus is my everything and His name is written on my heart. When I am representing Him I want to do it in such a way that He shows through not me.  Not representing Him in a prideful I am better than you way, but in a humbleness.  I challenge you to do the same...take a moment and reflect/question yourself on who you are representing...I would encourage you to ask God to help you. It is good to take inventory of ourselves, because we can get so caught up in the everyday routines.  We lose sight of what is important...The One who created us and how we represent Him. Just my 2cents, Missie

No comments:

Post a Comment