Sunday, June 1, 2014

Missing The Presence of God



Let me ask you a question...before you give a ready answer, take a moment and look deep inside of you and ponder your answer before you give it.  Do you ever feel like you are in a dry season?  A season where you don't feel the presence of the Lord?  Where you know that He is there but you ask yourself is He really  there.  That is where I am at.  I know that I am loved and that God is there  for me. At times I wonder where He is at...I mean I see Him in all areas of my life and the life of others.  Yet I feel disconnected.  Then the verse from Romans 8:29 comes to me, nothing can separate me from God.  When I first read this verse I did not fully understand it.  I was thinking that my sin could separate me from Him. Which in a sense it can but, I am doing the separating not Him.  When I understood this then a sense of peace came over me, God never leaves us, He is always waiting for us to return to Him. His love for us is unconditional and never ending.  So in the times of a dry season I think that as long as you recognize it for what it is then things will be fine.  Now that I have recognized what is happening my feeling of disconnect is actually turning into anticipation.  I can seek the Lord and ask Him to show me the areas in my life that is keeping me from His presence.  Then my next prayer request is the answer that is given I receive it with an open heart.  My encouragement to you is that as you go through dry seasons just know that God is with you and for you. Take heart and know the season will pass and everything will be okay.  Just my 2cents, Missie  

No comments:

Post a Comment